Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Career change (Read 3,407 times)
STipping
Freshman Member
Student

I'm an Autonerd

Career change
Jul 31st, 2017 at 10:25pm

Hello all,
Just joined not too long ago. I've been the lead diagnostic tech at my current shop for the last 6 years. This spring I interviewed and took a full time job at the technical college that I graduated from. I will be teaching Drivability, Diagnostics, Emissions, Fuel systems, Engine repair, Air conditioning, and Air bag systems. Still swinging wrenches around on the weekends.

I'll be honest, I thought I knew a decent amount about all those areas of study 3 months ago, but for whatever reason when you know you are going to teach someone else you start to question your quality and quantity of knowledge. Well in my quest for more knowledge one of the places I ended up was these forums and let me say I'm absolutely humbled by the intelligent people in this group. Amazing information and Diagnostic insight. I thought I was pretty flashy with my scope, but I look like a kindergartener in here!
But that excites me! I can't wait to learn more, and even more excited to pass that knowledge on to the next generation of techs! SOO to make a short story long, this looks like a great group and I am happy to have joined. Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me out!

IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Re: Career change
Reply #1 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 2:04pm

Welcome Sean,

I know the feeling.  I am humbled each day here myself.

We are glad you are here and look forward to your contributions.

Good that you were able to see through the anti-Autonerdz BS regurgitated on FB and elsewhere.  I love those guys though.  Every time they spout off, we sell more scopes.  Guess most folks have functional BS detectors and are prompted to look for themselves.   

It's interesting that most of those guys talking crap were once part of our group before taking what they learned here and going to work for our competitors....   

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

rocknroll
Freshman Member
Picogroup

JACKSONVILLE FL, Florida, USA
JACKSONVILLE FL
Florida
USA

Reply #2 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 9:23pm

Every notice those guys on Facebook do not like to be confused with the facts Cheesy
Maybe I'm just mean but sometimes I kind of enjoy confuse them with facts.

IP Logged

Logic
LSD Guide
Picogroup

Bentleigh, Victoria, Australia
Bentleigh
Victoria
Australia

Reply #3 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 11:24pm

STipping wrote on Jul 31st, 2017 at 10:25pm:
took a full time job at the technical college that I graduated from

Keep an open mind and comply with my philosophy...."As a scientist I reserve the right to chang my mind".
The role of a teacher is to encourage your students to learn to think...join the dots

WWW WWW iancrane01  
IP Logged