Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Whats going on From Illinois (Read 6,012 times)
Wanskis
Freshman Member

I'm an Autonerd

Aurora, Illinois, USA
Aurora
Illinois
USA

Whats going on From Illinois
Feb 7th, 2017 at 2:02pm

Juan here from the Western Suburbs of Chicago IL. As a mechanic for a municipality during the day and shop owner on the evenings and weekends.  I always find my self with my fair share of Electrical/Emission/Engine Performance problems on a daily basis.  Getting tired of not always being 100% on my diagnosis, I have started using a scope more and more to get those reliable diagnostics, to fix it right the first time.

I deal with Cars/light trucks, med/heavy duty trucks, heavy equipment, small engines, hydraulics and diesels.  If it has motor I will try to fix it Cheesy. I have been surprised how basic diagnostics and trouble shooting has fixed many not automobile related items.

I currently use a Snap-On Modis as a scope and recently cheeped out and got a Hantek 6074be usb scope.  The Pico was a bit out of my price range Embarrassed.

Thanks for hearing my rant, I hope to make some friend.  Find some local scope users to meet up and watch over there shoulder and ask questions . Of course to also better train my self using a scope.

IP Logged

busjockey
LSD Guide

The Diesel Nerd

Champaign, Illinois, USA
Champaign
Illinois
USA

Re: Whats going on From Illinois
Reply #1 - Feb 10th, 2017 at 5:51pm

Hi Wanskis, welcome.  You came to the right place.  This is the best place to learn on how to use a Pico Scope.  I have used one now for almost 3 and half years and I don't know what I would do without one.  I work on big stuff myself.  As the name implies of me, I work on Buses, Transit Buses.  Anyway if you need any advice or assistance with a diag I am more than happy to help, as everyone else is on here.  The Technicians on here are outstanding and everyone on here is proffesional and are respectful towards others.  Just wait till you buy a custom kit with the Pico group subscription, you won't be sorry.  I guarantee it. Smiley

Busjockey

IP Logged

Wanskis
Freshman Member

I'm an Autonerd

Aurora, Illinois, USA
Aurora
Illinois
USA

Reply #2 - Feb 13th, 2017 at 7:58pm

I was a bit bummed I couldnt get into all the stuff on the forum. Regardless Autonerds does have the best deals on the Pico scopes.  So soon, I plan on registering my business as a LLC before the end of the year.  That way I can get some kick back when buying the tool. 

Cant wait!

IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Reply #3 - Feb 14th, 2017 at 8:14am

Wanskis wrote on Feb 13th, 2017 at 7:58pm:
I was a bit bummed I couldnt get into all the stuff on the forum.

You will when you get one of our custom kits.  That and a lot more resources are part of the included Picogroup subscription.

Wanskis wrote on Feb 13th, 2017 at 7:58pm:
Regardless Autonerds does have the best deals on the Pico scopes.

We do.  But that doesn't mean we run that race to the bottom on price like the other vendors do.  Instead we focus on added value and providing the complete experience.  No one else can duplicate our custom kits.  That's why we are still here all these years after starting the whole PicoScope thing on this continent.

I'm glad you get that and we look forward to working with you in the near future as well as your contributions to our global group.   

Welcome.   Wink

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

Superglide78

St. Charles, Illinois, USA
St. Charles
Illinois
USA

Reply #4 - Feb 14th, 2017 at 1:44pm

What municipality do you work for? I work for the city of Aurora.

Christopher Linville  
IP Logged

Wanskis
Freshman Member

I'm an Autonerd

Aurora, Illinois, USA
Aurora
Illinois
USA

Reply #5 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 3:09pm

Superglide78 wrote on Feb 14th, 2017 at 1:44pm:
What municipality do you work for? I work for the city of Aurora.

I recently left the Naperville Park District and now work for the Oswego Park District.  Part of me joining this forum was to hope to find some locals. Maybe I can invite you out for a pint and a burger one day and we can talk cars and scopes.  Wink  Do you do side work at all?

busjockey wrote on Feb 10th, 2017 at 5:51pm:
Anyway if you need any advice or assistance with a diag I am more than happy to help, as everyone else is on here.  The Technicians on here are outstanding and everyone on here is proffesional and are respectful towards others.

Are you busjockey1 on Youtube, if so just saw your video on your dual 4 channel picos.  Nice setup Grin

Tom Roberts wrote on Feb 14th, 2017 at 8:14am:
I'm glad you get that and we look forward to working with you in the near future as well as your contributions to our global group.   

Welcome.   

Thank you and I am looking forward to getting involved in the forum

IP Logged

Superglide78

St. Charles, Illinois, USA
St. Charles
Illinois
USA

Reply #6 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 5:20pm

Wanskis wrote on Feb 16th, 2017 at 3:09pm:
Maybe I can invite you out for a pint and a burger one day and we can talk cars and scopes.    Do you do side work at all?

Sounds like a plan. I don't do much side work right now. My two kids, the wife, and the never-ending home improvement projects keep me pretty busy.  What town do you live in? I just moved from Oswego a couple years ago.

Christopher Linville  
IP Logged

Wanskis
Freshman Member

I'm an Autonerd

Aurora, Illinois, USA
Aurora
Illinois
USA

Reply #7 - Feb 17th, 2017 at 9:31am

Superglide78 wrote on Feb 16th, 2017 at 5:20pm:
Sounds like a plan. I don't do much side work right now. My two kids, the wife, and the never-ending home improvement projects keep me pretty busy.  What town do you live in? I just moved from Oswego a couple years ago.

I live in Boulder Hill.  Ill pm you and we talk from there.

IP Logged