Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Greetings (Read 4,104 times)
bergref10

I'm an Autonerd

Amish country, Pennsylvania, USA
Amish country
Pennsylvania
USA

Greetings
Nov 1st, 2016 at 4:14pm

Hello to all, Today I purchased a scope kit here, and am looking forward to learning what I have been missing. My specialty is truck refrigeration and air conditioning, am self-employed and have 46 years of working experience. 44 years have been in the refrigeration field. My goal is to obtain waveforms of working circuits that can be used to confirm correct diagnosis. Truck refrigeration units do have diesel engines, computer controls, and many similarities with cars, and trucks, starters,alternators, ect etc. Glad to meet you all . John

IP Logged

Josh
Picogroup

Ken's Equipment Repair

Livingston MT, Montana, USA
Livingston MT
Montana
USA

Re: Greetings
Reply #1 - Nov 1st, 2016 at 5:05pm

Hello back to you

the pico is a awesome tool and the only limit is your knowledge and imagination. look through busjocky's post 
he has a lot of info on the forum

Josh

IP Logged

busjockey
LSD Guide

The Diesel Nerd

Champaign, Illinois, USA
Champaign
Illinois
USA

Reply #2 - Nov 2nd, 2016 at 4:49am

bergref10 wrote on Nov 1st, 2016 at 4:14pm:
My specialty is truck refrigeration and air conditioning

Awesome!  Welcome!  I work on Transit Buses but I do quite a bit of AC work myself.  I cut my teeth on R5 M20 Thermo King Units when I first started out.  We now work on the latest and greatest with Intellegaire 3.  Plus I have experience with 1 and 2.  Worked on some Sutrac systems too but I try to forget about those systems.lol.   Grin
I have quite a bit of Ac stuff on here using my scope.  So if you have any questions on how to scope the components let me know.  Just make sure when you ask for help you want to do it on the Picogroup forum.  You will get the best help from there.  I also recommend you look at all the tutorials on here.  This will give you good instruction on how to use your scope.  If you have any questions let me know and I will help you out.  Glad to have you! Smiley

Busjockey

IP Logged

bergref10

I'm an Autonerd

Amish country, Pennsylvania, USA
Amish country
Pennsylvania
USA

Reply #3 - Nov 6th, 2016 at 5:30pm

Thanks

Josh and busjockey. Heading for the tutorials now.  If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I am sure I will need some pointers along the way myself.  I played with the scope for several hours comparing some Thermo King transducers to the WPS500. Had a lot of fun, can't wait to check it out on steppers and some other circuits.

IP Logged