Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

New HD member from Louisiana (Read 2,305 times)
jwalkn
Picogroup

Elevation 20 feet

Sulphur, Louisiana, USA
Sulphur
Louisiana
USA

New HD member from Louisiana
Nov 1st, 2014 at 7:33am

Hello, I've just purchased a PicoQuad and Firstlook diesel kit. Trying to learn as much as  I can and teach my techs how to perform better diagnostics. We work on refuse trucks with Mack, Cummins and Mercedes (aka Detroit) engines. All of our trucks have Allison transmissions. Sometime in the next couple years our site will be going to CNG, a few sites in the company are already on CNG. I've presented the Pico to my company and I be been tasked to create a Maintenance program using it. I appreciate any help getting over the learning curve.

IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Re: New HD member from Louisiana
Reply #1 - Nov 1st, 2014 at 8:33am

Welcome, Joe.

Be sure to check out the HD and diesel boards in the Picogroup area.  The guys are doing some pretty interesting and useful stuff there.

They have been wanting some more guys like you getting involved.  We are glad you are here.  Wink

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

busjockey
LSD Guide

The Diesel Nerd

Champaign, Illinois, USA
Champaign
Illinois
USA

Re: New HD member from Louisiana
Reply #2 - Nov 1st, 2014 at 8:39pm

Welcome to the group jwalkn, I'm a Transit Bus Tech from Illinois.  Our equipment has Cummins ISC and ISL with Caps and our new Hybrid Buses have the Cummins ISL 9 Engines with EGR and SCR systems.  I work on a little bit of everything but a good portion of my time at work is doing electrical and performance diagnostics.  Plus I am one of the main guys that does a lot of Air Conditioning work on our TK systems.  Anyway, be sure to check out Cummins Westport Bus Forum, I have quite a few captures on there showing known goods and I have some case studies on there too.  Also give Jim Davis a shout too.  He is a Transit Tech like me too.  Jim also has some cool stuff on there also.  If you need help with anything, let me know.  More than happy to help out and I am looking forward to seeing some captures from your equipment.  The one thing I recommend though is start taking as many known good captures you can.  It helped me diagnose a problem bus with a bad ICV Valve.  Check it out, it's on the Cummins Forum. Smiley.  Also give Brad Halse and Anthony Lamb a shout too.  They work on Diesels too and they are very sharp.  They have been very helpful to me the past year.  Everybody has been helpful to me, those are just some names that come to mind.  Oh, hold on I can't forget Mick, Spence, Preston, Tom, Brandon.  The list is long, lol, Smiley  To sum it up your in good hands here.  Give me a shout if you have any questions, glad to have you here. Smiley

Busjockey

IP Logged