Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Suzuki transmission (Read 3,340 times)
broncwonk
Freshman Member

Suzuki transmission
Jun 4th, 2010 at 9:18am

My granddaughter's 2007 Suzuki Forenza (automatic) suddenly developed a shifting problem, described as the engine speeding up from a stop without the car moving, then finally taking hold. At the same time the engine icon on the dashboard came on. She managed to get the car home, but the light remains on. From her description, it sounds like a sudden loss of fluid or pressure in the x-mission. I can't find, without a manual, where the dip stick is for the transaxle. It isn't shown in her owner's manual. I will check the car and codes myself this weekend, but any pointers would be appreciated.

IP Logged

fisher
Super Nerd
Picogroup

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Concord, California, USA
Concord
California
USA

Re: Suzuki transmission
Reply #1 - Jun 4th, 2010 at 3:04pm

Buy service information from Suzuki. You can go to NASTF online. That is ,I believe, National Automotive Service Task Force. I was just there. It tells you the web address of the OEMs for their service info. You find Suzuki at http://suzukipitstopplus.com .
                Get your printer ready, Suzuki sells you unlimited access  - for twenty four hours - to service info, for  twenty-five dollars.
  You cant beat that but you need several hours, a ton of paper and lotsa printer ink in order to print up the good stuff in that copious quantity.
Your transmission may not have a dipstick; some cars are never going to leak a drop and the fluid and transmission are going to last the normal life of the vehicle. So, the OEM dispenses with the dipstick, but there would be an explanation in detail at suzukipitstop.

Donald Bruce Gamble  
IP Logged