Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Another New Guy (Read 3,271 times)
smyrna5
Freshman Member

Another New Guy
Sep 26th, 2008 at 3:25am

Hello. I am new to the site. I am not a professional mechanic or diagnostician, I just like to work on my cars. I am an engineer by training and experience, but don't work in the electronics or automobile industries. My experience is limited to working with my old OTC Palm Scope on my cars and vans. I want to move up to a PicoScope when my budget permits, and look forward to learning from you experienced guys. I live in a small town in the suburbs of Atlanta, Georgia.

IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Re: Another New Guy
Reply #1 - Sep 26th, 2008 at 7:31am

Welcome.  We have several other members here with similar background.  Enjoy the forums   Wink

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

Danny Berry, Sr.
Super Nerd
Picogroup

Elevation 840ft

McDonough, Ga., Georgia, USA
McDonough, Ga.
Georgia
USA

Reply #2 - Sep 26th, 2008 at 8:41am

Welcome Smyrna5,

As Tom stated I am one of the members that match your credentials almost to a tee. I moved to McDonough from Morrow, Ga, back in 1992 when it was still country. Smiley

Tom is the best and you will enjoy these forums and you want be sorry when you get your Pico. The excellent training and support provided through Tom and tips from others here on the forum are fabulous. I purchased my 2-channel Master Kit 3223 from Autonerdz through Tom Roberts on Nov 2, 2007.

Danny Berry

IP Logged

joecar+
Guru Member
Picogroup

Southern California, California, USA
Southern California
California
USA

Reply #3 - Sep 26th, 2008 at 10:58am

Hi,

I'm in a similar boat... engineer by weekday, DIY by night/weekend.

The Picoscope kit may seem expensive, but the time it saves you is worth so much more, and it does come with a whole bunch of ready-to-use cables/probes (much more than any other scope kit);

And, Tom provides excellent support... you would be crazy to buy from anyone else.

Joe
Wink

IP Logged